Oil on Canvas
68.5 x 95 cm
This view shows the church of Holy Trinity, Skipton, at the meeting of Mill Bridge (left) and the High Street (right). This fourteenth-century church had been substantially repaired in the 1650s after damage in the Civil War, work which was funded by local landowner Lady Anne Clifford. After 1909 the church as we see it here was further restored by the Lancaster architectural firm of Austin and Paley.
Skipton, Yorkshire early 1800s © Compton Verney